Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Squadron Leader by Samuel Gawith




Squadron Leader by Samuel Gawith

The tin description is as follows:
Bright and Dark Virginias blended together with Latakia and Turkish leaf to make this a cool medium bodied smoke.


Squadron Leader is first and foremost an English blend, and a pretty good one at that. It’s not my favorite but I think this would be a nice English for newer pipe smokers to try. First off it is easy to tell that the tobaccos in the blend are all of a high quality. The Latakia is of an exceptional quality. You get a nice Latakia experience without being overpowered.
I would classify SL as a medium English blend that can be enjoyed all day long.
Personally I don’t smoke all day so I tend to reach for a more full bodied smoke when I venture into the Sin Den in the evening.
I find Samuel Gawith blends to be competitively priced high quality tobaccos, and worth giving a go if you are looking for a nice medium bodied English.

Summary: Recommended 7 of 10 Stars.

No comments: