Saturday, March 1, 2008

Avo 80th Anniversary Belicoso




Avo 80th Anniversary Belicoso
Smooth, light chocolate colored wrapper with very few veins.
Really a beautiful cigar, just as one would expect from Avo.
Nice firm bunch with a flawless cap that cuts clean.
Pre light draw has just the right resistance to it.
Lights easily and evenly. The aroma is inviting and pleasant.
Nice even burn producing a light grey ash. Burned razor sharp to the very end.
Loads of creamy smoke. Flavorful with a little peppery zing on the finish.
Summary:
I bought three of these in June 06 when I was in Colorado on vacation.
I smoked the first one there and was disappointed in the overall performance given the $16 price tag. (I think it may have been a little wet)
But after 6 months in the humidor this was like smoking a completely different cigar.
Very pleased. I wish I had more now. But given the price I doubt I will buy again even if I do see more. Now if I were to come across a couple of LE05’s that would be a different story.

2 comments:

Doug A. said...

I had a similar encounter with an AVO Belicoso. Like you Scott, I put my remaning smokes in the humidor (forgot about them for a few months)and the results were great. Look forward to reading your blog.. Doug A.

Scott said...

Doug,
Thank you for being the first person to post a comment on my blog.
Please be sure to check back often, as I will be updating on a regular basis, and hope to run a free contest or two for some tasty prizes.