Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Brothers of the leaf.



Don’t you just love surprise packages? Yesterday I was gifted a nice package of what I suspect will be excellent smokes, by a friend at work. And it’s not even the same friend that gave me the Padron Anniversary for my birthday a couple of weeks ago either. As we all know, a guy can never have too many cigar gifting friends. Seems we are always giving cigars back and forth, although I think I may have fallen a little behind. I have found Pipe and Cigar smokers to be a very generous breed. What is it about a great cigar or bowl of pipe tobacco that makes us want to share? I have met many fine BOTL (brothers of the leaf) on line and in person and find them to be quite the give happy group. I witness this all the time at a couple of internet forums that I hang out in. At Cigar Weekly there is some type of contest going on all the time where one member or another is giving away smokes to the winner, and at Smokers Forums members are always talking about receiving pipe tobacco samples from other members for no other reason than they think you may like them. Good on you all. Keep up the sharing as it is contagious. As for my latest received gift package, check back later for some reviews as I work my way through them.
Scott




No comments: