Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cornell & Diehl Sunday Picnic



5:30 AM and I’m getting ready for my morning commute to work. It is time to make a selection of what to smoke on the 30 min. trip. I just received a shipment of tobaccos yesterday evening and there are many to choose from. I end up choosing the Sunday Picnic because of the great tin art and I just love Virginia/Perique mixtures. I normally wait to smoke my first bowl of a tobacco until I can devote my full attention to it, but I just can’t resist going for this beautiful VaPer Flake this morning. About 3 minuets into my drive I know I have made the right decision, because of the sweet va’s are really coming through and are being enhanced by the peppery finish of the perique. I will have to write a more complete review of Sunday Picnic after I have smoked more of the 2oz tin, but right now I am really digging it. My one mistake was under estimating how slow this flake smokes. It burns very cool and goes on forever as I find myself at work with nearly half a bowl left. I set in my car as long as I can before finally giving up and going in to work with only a couple of minuets to spare. More to come on this fine blend later.
Scott.

No comments: